Would you be interested in working with us to develop our relationships with the research community?
We have an exciting opportunity for an assistant to work within our newly formed community engagement team, supporting our commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals and our goal to be a publisher that supports and promotes the impact of research under all its forms. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to play a key role within a supportive and motivated team, with the opportunity to work with colleagues in a number of areas and with researchers aligned with our mission. .
While our offices have now started to open, we operate a hybrid work and encourage people to work from a location that is convenient for them, whether it is at home or in one of our offices. This means that we are completely flexible on site and open to those further away from West Yorkshire.
Who are emeralds:
Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture new ideas in applied fields where we believe we can make a real difference. We publish over 300 journals, over 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, through our dedicated research platform.
In a word:
As a founding signatory of the SDG Publishers Compact, we have rethought the way we are structured to ensure that we can respond more directly to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and achieve our goal of being a publisher that supports and promotes the equality in its broadest sense.
A key objective is to become the benchmark for our chosen communities, with an emphasis on the needs of researchers. The activities of the Insight from Community Engagement team support content development across services, incorporating authoring and impact services – the authorship of best practices, maximizing the “reach” and “attention” of the results. research, research ethics, impact planning and knowledge mobilization.
Reporting to the Community Engagement Manager, you will focus on two main areas:
1. Support the day-to-day activities of those responsible for publishing development. The role will be to provide administrative support (including on Emerald Open Research), conduct market research to support the evolution of our development plans and stakeholder mapping, and replace the development managers of the ‘editing.
2. Support the content strategy for Emerald’s service offering, including the recently launched Impact services. You will be closely involved in the development of new service elements that will include both freely available assets and resources that can support a commercial offering.
On a daily basis, we will trust you for:
- Assist the Community Engagement Manager in the management of the Advanced Content and Services program and checklist, including rating and recommending content assets in accordance with our service development strategy
- Administrative support to those responsible for publishing development, including desk research to support the goals, Emerald Open Research gateways and regional development plans
- Creating stakeholder maps and identifying opportunities for collaboration and partnership
- Act as a team representative for an assigned sales region. Attend regional sales meetings and share ideas with the entire community engagement team
- Support the creation of goal-oriented rooms on Emerald Engage, monitor and participate as needed
- Audit, commission and prepare content for publication in order to support our service offering, liaising with authors, editors and internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Develop researchers’ knowledge to support a customer-centric experience and journey through our service offering.
- Support marketing and social media, organize conference material
- Support internal and external rewards programs
- Contribute to budget management
- Provide support for project work and effective cross-functional work to help meet department goals
It’s more than skills and experience, this is what we would like to see:
- Excellent organization and communication with great attention to detail
- Is personable with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels and across locations
- Is proactive and autonomous
- Has the ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Ensuring that the customer experience and services are at the center of our work.
- Ideally has some publishing experience and / or an understanding of the academic publishing environment
What is there for you:
At Emerald, we value our people. Being part of our team means you will join a trusting and flexible environment with plenty of opportunities to advance your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You will enjoy a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working and working from home, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, a generous vacation allowance, life insurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your well-being and working life. balance.