POSITION TITLE: Regional Financial Controls and Compliance Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAM: West and Central Africa Regional Team (Regional Finance)
LOCATION: West and Central Africa Regional Office – Dakar
POSITION TYPE: National
CHILD PROTECTION : Level 3 – job responsibilities may require the job holder to have regular contact or access to children or young people
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
As Regional Financial Controls and Compliance Coordinator, your role will be to support the Financial Controls and Compliance team in the region on key issues and opportunities to find and implement financial management solutions at the country office to continuously improve the SCI operational platform and ensure compliance with SCI Quality Framework Core Standards and donor rules. You would do this by helping them consolidate information, provide analytics, and facilitate efficient processes and workflows.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Financial Control and Compliance, West and Central Africa.
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 9 COs (country offices) in West and Central Africa (Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, DRC, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Liberia).
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Custodian and expert of all SCI financial accounting and financial control policies, procedures and processes:
- Provide feedback and technical support to country offices on accounting and month-end processing.
- Finance and accounting troubleshooting – help COs solve specific problems they can’t solve on their own and/or seek technical assistance to help COs.
- Coordinates year-end reports from COs.
- Support the development of monthly and quarterly financial reviews and analyses, reconciliation of balance sheets/control accounts, as well as relevant financial KPIs (benchmark) for FCC.
- Ensures the follow-up of the monthly reception of the FCC pack from the COs.
- In-depth analysis of the CO ledger and provide trends on post-soft close postings and balance analysis postings.
- Ensure working knowledge of SCI inventory accounting and support COs with monthly inventory reviews in SOFs to be closed.
Assists Country Offices in ensuring compliance with ICS/donor laws, regulations, policies and procedures and correcting supporting documentation.
- In charge of supporting Country Offices on the coordination of Regional Office (RO) audits.
- Under the supervision of the head of FCC, coordinates the audit readiness project. Train COs (financial and non-financial staff) on audit readiness and how to deal with auditors.
- Ensures quality review of RO finances of centralized audit backups and supports COs during in-country audits to obtain central audit backups.
- In coordination with the IT department of the RO and other stakeholders (including the center), propose a design of the structure and a policy of the electronic filing system WCA for finances, taking into account the newly implemented projects ( Source to Pay-S2P, ability to upload documents to TIM – Total Inventory Management).
- Participate in and lead the creation of working groups to discuss audit backups with new high performing organization projects (eg: Central Archiving initiative)
- Supports the creation of auditor profiles for ICS systems in the country and helps train auditors in their use.
Assist COs in daily treasury operations and reduce treasury risks in the region
Act as a business partner for other finance staff and stakeholders in-country and regionally
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Accounting, business degree or partial/full professional qualifications (CPA/CA/ACCA) required.
- 3 to 7 years of enhanced experience in auditing and archiving (including electronic archiving).
- Experience solving complex issues through analysis, defining a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- A flair for numbers and analysis and some experience in preparing financial accounts.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and advanced financial modeling skills and the ability to present complex financial information succinctly and persuasively
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently are essential
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- An unquestionably high level of integrity and ethics.
- Computer skill; very proficient in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and especially sharepoint.
- Some experience working in complex financial systems is desirable.
How to register
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS45NjQzOC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20