POSITION BASED IN ANY MSF-OCBA HUB SUBJECT TO FEASIBILITY
Médecins Sans Frontières is an independent international medico-humanitarian organization which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and without distinction of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to assisting other human beings in crisis. MSF is therefore an association by choice. Each individual working with MSF does so out of conviction and is ready to defend the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around six operational directorates. MSF OCBA is one of these directorates. Operations are implemented by field teams and mission coordination teams; as well as organizational units based in Barcelona and decentralized in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. Field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Cell and other operations support departments, including the Human Resources Department, of which the Learning Cell is an essential component.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND GENERAL OBJECTIVE
The MSF OCBA learning unit is embedded in the Human Resources department and works closely with MSF-OCBA departments to guide the definition of appropriate learning strategies to meet the diverse needs of missions, teams and individuals across the organization. The training needs addressed range from induction to management through technical subjects relevant to the activity of the various fields and Departments (Medical, Logistics, Operations, Human Resources, Finance, etc.).
Embedded in the L&D Field Support area, the Induction Coordinator will oversee the proper planning, organization, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of solutions and learning processes supporting the integration people in the organization and facilitating a smooth and positive onboarding experience.
The Induction Coordinator will report to the Head of Learning Unit and work closely with the L&D field focal points for the implementation and monitoring of induction processes and programs; there will also be ongoing collaboration with the learning solutions area for the development and improvement of inductive learning resources and with the learning administration area for the rollout of different training events. induction.
This position will also require smooth coordination with the Onboarding & Deployment area of HR and regular work with different departments to define and maintain induction learning paths and to coordinate participation in the delivery of onboarding learning programs. ‘induction.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1. Developing an Inductive Learning Framework
- Updates resource and induction process mapping and analyzes gaps and areas needing improvement.
- Together with the relevant HR functions (Onboarding & Deployment, Field HR) develop guidelines and tools that can support the implementation of onboarding training at different levels to effectively support employees, line managers and HR teams.
- Coordinates the definition of general induction learning paths and integrates them into Tembo LMS. In a later stage, he will also coordinate the definition of job-specific integration paths with the contribution of the departments concerned and in close collaboration with the learning referents.
2. Implementation of MSF General Induction Learning Programs
Welcome to MSF (WtMSF)
- Oversees the implementation of the WtMSF course across MSF OCBA ensuring that the various course modalities are rolled out and teams have the tools and skills to promote the course and implement training sessions.
- Maintains a centralized registry of WtMSF-trained facilitators and plans the implementation of WtMSF facilitator training sessions to ensure on-the-ground capacity to deliver the course as needed.
- Organizes and implements WtMSF group training sessions (virtual and F2F) as needed.
- Act as the OCBA focal point for the WtMSF intersectional group and ensure that requests for OCBA content updates are consolidated and presented for regular program reviews.
- Ensures that program updates (content, material, etc.) are disseminated to all relevant levels.
- Monitors course coverage for both online and face-to-face modalities and develops proposals to maximize course utilization.
First Departure Preparation (PPD)
- Prepares the annual PPD calendar and coordinates the implementation of online virtual editions at own pace and in groups throughout the year.
- Oversees good communication on the PPD program with all relevant stakeholders (participants, departments) throughout the various phases of the program.
- Keeps PPD course documentation up to date and available to various users.
- Revises and improves PPD implementation protocols and tools.
- Monitors the proper functioning of the PPD application process and liaises with the recruiting and pool management areas to ensure proper planning and collaboration.
- Coordinates with the Learning Unit Administrator assigned to PPD Editions to ensure the smooth execution of administrative and logistical activities.
- Provides the PPD facilitators with the information and documentation necessary to prepare for the delivery of the modules as well as educational support for the continuous improvement of the sessions.
- Monitors participants’ progress in the online self-paced course and facilitates participants’ contribution to PPD forums.
- Coordinates the implementation of live sessions facilitating the logical link and articulation between the different modules and supports the facilitators in the management of group learning activities.
- Analyzes course evaluations, prepares a course report for each edition, and provides feedback to facilitators.
- Prepares an annual course report with a summary of activities and suggestions for improvement.
- In collaboration with the learning solutions sector, participates in the design and development of program updates.
- Ensures regular communication on initial training solutions (e.g. including information in the catalog of learning solutions, newsletters, organizing information sessions with HR teams, etc.).
- Monitors the coverage and impact of the various induction programs and presents proposals for their continuous improvement.
- Participates in the review of the Karibu program and coordinates its implementation.
- Solid experience in the coordination of training programs and the implementation of different learning modalities (face-to-face, distance and individual).
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and their application to program design and development.
- Experience delivering training and facilitating student-centered learning strategies.
- Experience with train-the-trainer/facilitator programs and performance support methodologies.
- Familiar with PPD program and WtMSF courses.
- Field experience with MSF.
- High level of English; French/Arabic would be a plus.
- Position based in any MSF OCBA hub (preferably Amman, Dakar or Nairobi). The final location will be subject to the employability of the pre-selected candidate (residence, work permit, etc.).
- Duration of the contract: permanent contract.
- Full-time job (40 hours per week).
- Gross annual salary: HQ – 3A (divided into 12 monthly installments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA reward policy. Subject to local conditions.
- Start date: November 2022.
How to register
HOW TO REGISTER
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter:
Closing Date: November 6, 2022, 11:59 p.m. CET (Central European Time).
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. People from minority groups, indigenous groups and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. MSF offers a working environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy work-life balance. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any type of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will therefore be subject to reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontières, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of the “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invites people with recognized disabilities and with an interest in the humanitarian field to apply for the above position.