Iranian transport ministry hit by apparent second cyberattack in days


DUBAI (Reuters) – The Iranian Transport Ministry website was shut down on Saturday in what state television called a “cyber disruption”, a day after an apparent cyberattack on the national rail company.

The computer systems of the staff of the Ministry of Roads and Urban Planning were the subject of the attack which resulted in the unavailability of the ministry’s portal and sub-portal sites, the TV station reported.

He gave no indication of who he believed might have been behind the attack and did not say whether a ransom demand had been made.

Rail services were disrupted on Friday as hackers posted fake delay notices on station signs, state-affiliated news outlets reported. The government-run railway company said only the screens were affected and the trains were operating normally.

Telecommunications Minister Mohammad Javad Azari-Jahromi on Saturday warned of possible ransomware attacks unless vulnerabilities in computer systems are addressed, Iranian media reported.

In late 2020, Iran said hackers launched large-scale attacks on two of its government institutions, without giving details of the targets or alleged perpetrators.

Iran says it is on high alert for online assaults, which it has blamed in the past on the United States and Israel. The United States and other Western powers have accused Iran of trying to disrupt and break into their networks.

(Reporting by Dubai Newsroom; Editing by David Holmes)


Source link

Previous The unification of the CBL is essential for the economic development of Libya
Next Is Airbnb Worth It? Gatlinburg Investor Earns Almost $ 160,000 In One Year